issues: Can Ovechkin stay as durable as he has

in Allgemeines 22.03.2018 08:52
von riluowanying123 • 1.910 Beiträge | 1910 Punkte

If there is a mantra being whispered around the Washington Capitals camp?this fall it is this: If not now, when? And the answer is, If not now, then look out.The Caps are coming off a dominating regular season during which they won the Presidents Trophy by an 11-point margin over the Western Conference leader?Dallas Stars.? Washington finished 16 points ahead of the second-place?Pittsburgh Penguins?in the Metropolitan Division. Unfortunately for the Capitals, a familiar playoff scenario played out when they were knocked off by the Pens, the eventual Stanley Cup champions, in six games in the second round.You can make an argument we were right there with them the whole way, general manager Brian MacLellan said in a recent interview. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Thats life. But, as MacLellan acknowledged, for a Capitals team that has never won a Stanley Cup and hasnt been to the conference finals since 1998 (which is also the only time theyve reached a Cup finals), its a painfully familiar storyline.Its a never-ending narrative with us. But I like where were at, he said.Best new facesMacLellan looked at his lineup, which includes the defending Vezina Trophy winner Braden Holtby and perennial goal-scoring champ Alex Ovechkin, and decided there wasnt much he lacked. And hes right.The big addition was third-line center Lars Eller, who was acquired from the Montreal Canadiens for a pair of draft picks. MacLellan thinks Eller has better offensive tools than he has shown thus far. He skates well, has good vision and is big and strong. Hes got a lot of great attributes, MacLellan says of the 27-year-old Dane.If he works out, the Caps will be as good as theyve ever been down the middle, where Eller will fall in behind Nicklas Backstrom and Evgeny Kuznetsov, with Jay Beagle handling fourth-line pivot duties. The departure of Jason Chimera, a solid third-liner, will open up more opportunities for someone like Andre Burakovsky, who now has a chance to prove hes got a significant top end offensively.Biggest unknownsWhen youre as good as the Capitals were for so much of last season -- they were second in goals allowed and goals scored per game, fifth on the power play and second on the penalty kill -- how do you get jazzed for another 82-game grind?We see this all the time with Cup winners or teams that fall just short. They need to find motivation to stick to the game plan and play correctly in October while looking ahead to April. Of course, one assumes that getting bounced early in the playoffs will be its own motivation, but its a valid concern with a team that was as dominant as the Caps were last regular season. The biggest thing we have to guard against is [thinking, Lets just get to the playoffs right now and see what weve got, MacLellan said.Other issues: Can Ovechkin stay as durable as he has been, given his rough-and-tumble style of play? And will Kuznetsov continue his arc toward stardom after a disappointing postseason and an up-and-down World Cup of Hockey?Sure thingsWell, there are sure things, like Ovechkin challenging to win a goal-scoring title, Holtby being in the mix for a second consecutive Vezina Trophy and the Caps being very hard to play against under head coach Barry Trotz.And, yes, Washington will still light it up offensively. But the other certainty is that if there isnt success this season, next summer will be a time of great change. Wings?T.J. Oshie and Justin Williams are entering contract years, as is homegrown blueliner?Karl Alzner. MacLellan had a two-year plan for this team when he brought in Oshie and Williams last offseason to get them over the hump. One down, one to go.PredictionNobody will be sleeping on Trotzs watch, and the rest of the coaching staff, several members of which were courted by other teams looking for head coaches during the offseason, is top-notch. So dont expect much of a regular-season drop-off for a Capitals team that will once again be among the leagues finest. First in the Metropolitan Division. Corey Graham Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. Mychal Kendricks Jersey .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-donnie-jones-jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Timmy Jernigan Jersey . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Ronald Darby Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Junior lightweight prospect Mario Barrios is a 21-year-old kid with a seemingly bright future in boxing and is about to have his most important fight, which also happens to be his first main event and first scheduled 12-round bout.Devis Boschiero is a 34-year-old veteran who has fought for a world title and in a title eliminator -- losing both times. Hes also the former European champion looking to stay in contention.They are two fighters who seem to be going in different directions as they get to set to fight in a world title elimination bout on Saturday night (ESPN and ESPN Deportes, 9 ET) in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions card at the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, New Jersey.The winner of the fight will earn a No. 2 ranking in a sanctioning body and move a step closer to a mandatory title bout against 130-pound titleholder Jose Pedraza (22-0, 12 KOs).Unbeaten junior welterweight prospects Eddie Ramirez (13-0, 9 KOs), 23, of Chicago, and Jessie Roman (20-2, 9 KOs), 25, of Santa Ana, California, will meet in the scheduled 10-round co-feature.This is what Ive worked my whole life for, to be fighting in main events on national television, Barrios said. Im confident that Ill be able to go the full 12 rounds if need be. My goal is to get the knockout, though. I really want to make a statement in this fight.Im very happy to be fighting on ESPN during prime time on Saturday night. I have a lot of family, friends and fans back home wholl be tuning in. I just want to go out there and shine. I feel my style is explosive for television, and I hope everyone enjoys what I bring to the table. Everyone will see a determined fighter in myself, whos going to leavve everything in the ring.ddddddddddddPotential title fight aside, this fight is really about seeing whether San Antonios Barrios (15-0, 8 KOs) is more steak than sizzle as he meets Italys Boschiero (39-4-1, 21 KOs), who is two wins removed from a sixth-round knockout loss to Stephen Smith in a previous junior lightweight title eliminator this past September.Barrios said he knows very little about Boschiero, who will be making his United States debut. All of his fights have been in Italy except his four losses -- two European title bouts in France; the loss to Smith, which was in England; and a split-decision loss to then-junior lightweight world titleholder Takahiro Ao in Japan in 2011.All I know about Boschiero is that hes got a lot of fights and hes a top contender, Barrios said. I know hes hungry, so Im not taking him lightly. Ive seen some tape on him, and I know he likes to come forward. Everyone can expect to see a lot of hard punches being thrown by both of us. Im expecting a war.Barrios knows that a win, especially an impressive one on national television, will be a big boost for him in a hot weight class.Its a very tough division loaded with a lot of great fighters, Barrios said. I would say [titleholders Vasyl] Lomachenko, Pedraza and [Francisco] Vargas are the top dogs for now. [Orlando] Salido is also up there. Its one of the toughest divisions in boxing.Im hoping I can become a champion in this division. A victory against Boschiero puts me right there to challenge for the title. Im a hungry fighter, and everyone will see that. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: avalee
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2392 Themen und 2423 Beiträge.