struggled offensively

in Allgemeines 08.02.2018 01:52
von jokergreen0220 • 391 Beiträge | 391 Punkte

CALGARY - Calgary rookie Johnny Gaudreau scored a highlight-reel goal that gave everyone plenty to talk about. Vincent Rey Jersey .Gaudreaus first goal and point of the pre-season stood up as the game winner as the Flames beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-0 on Tuesday.The spark from Gaudreau that the game desperately needed came at 9:05 of the second period. Bursting into the Colorado end one-on-one against defenceman Nate Guenin, the 2014 Hobey Baker Award winner went outside in, then inside out before wristing a perfect shot into the top corner on Reto Berra.Theres nothing better for a goal scorer than to score a goal. Thats their fuel. Thats how they gauge their game, said Flames coach Bob Hartley. That was worth the price of admission. I dont know if you guys got excited but on the bench, guys reacted like fans.Guenin, a 31-year-old veteran, admitted it was a nice play.I had pinched in so I was coming back into the play. When I went to turn, he took it inside and then he went outside really quick, said Guenin. It was two really quick moves and then he couldnt have put that puck in a better spot.The American-born Guenin, who played at Ohio State, says he hadnt seen Gaudreau play before but knew all about him from following college hockey and all the hype around him last season when Gaudreau had 36 goals and 80 points in 40 games with Boston College.Guenin said he could tell the talented left-winger looked more comfortable on the ice after scoring his goal.After that, you could tell he started buzzing a little more, Guenin said.Gaudreau agreed that getting that first goal after being held off the scoresheet his first three pre-season games helped his confidence.Thankfully, I finally got it out of the way and I can just feel a little bit more comfortable out there and just make plays and not worry about getting that first one, said Gaudreau, who stands only five-foot-nine, 160 pounds.Gaudreaus bid to make the Flames season-opening roster is one of the most interesting training camp stories in Calgary. Depending on the injury situation, there are only one or two openings at forward and the speedy and talented left-winger is competing against several players including Michael Ferland and Sven Baertschi.I feel more comfortable every single day, said Gaudreau, who played on a line with Curtis Glencross and Joe Colborne,. Playing with some of the guys that Ive had the chance to play with only makes me a better hockey player and gives me a whole bunch of opportunities to try and make this team.Jonas Hiller was perfect in net for the Flames, stopping all 28 shots he faced.I felt pretty good, thought I saw the puck pretty well. Was able to make some key saves and its definitely a confidence booster for the regular season, which is just around the corner, said Hiller, who as a free agent signed a two-year $9-million contract in the summer.Hiller is battling with Karri Ramo for the starting job after spending the last seven seasons with the Anaheim Ducks. In three pre-season appearances, Hiller is 2-1-0 with a 0.86 goals-against average and a .958 save percentage.Former Flame Berra went the distance for Colorado. The back-up to Semyon Varlamov finished with 22 stops.Lance Bouma, into an empty net, also scored for Calgary (4-3-0).While Colorado (0-5-1) remains winless in the pre-season, one of two teams without a victory, coach Patrick Roy was pleased with his teams effort given they were without key players like Matt Duchene, Nathan MacKinnon, former-Flame Jarome Iginla and Gabriel Landeskog.Loved our game. I thought we competed hard. We played really well. It was a very good game. We were missing a lot of guys but I was very pleased with the effort, Roy said.Notes: Notable on the Flames injury front. Mikael Backlund (abdominal strain) is skating but has not yet returned to full practice. Sam Bennett is said to be nursing a minor injury but he practised Tuesday and is expected to play Thursday night... Flames final two pre-season games will be a home-and-home with the Winnipeg Jets - Thursday in Calgary and Saturday in Winnipeg... The Avs also will wrap up their pre-season schedule with a home-and-home on the same nights against the Los Angeles Kings. Boomer Esiason Jersey . Team officials travelled to Los Angeles on Thursday night to meet with the free agent, a person with knowledge of the plans said. Cedric Peerman Jersey . Now, the hottest team on the ATP are pointing their sights on qualifying for the eight-team season finals in London next November. Pospisil has now established the year-end World Tour Finals as the benchmark for a breakthrough season, with Pospisil and Sock provisionally standing ninth. http://www.nflbengalsgearofficial.com/geno-atkins-jersey/ .com) - The 12th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes continue a four-game homestand at Value City Arena on Wednesday night when they face off against the High Point Panthers in a non-conference matchup.Milwaukee, WI (SportsNetwork.com) - The fifth-ranked Wisconsin Badgers take a trip across the state to tangle with the Milwaukee Panthers in a non- conference battle at UWM Panther Arena. This is the second straight game the Badgers will play in the city of Milwaukee, as they went up against Marquette last Saturday. They came away with a 49-38 victory in that contest, allowing them to bounce back from their first loss of the season, an 80-70 setback at home against Duke. They will be back at the Kohl Center on Saturday against Nicholls. Milwaukee had won back-to-back games entering its last contest, but an 83-61 loss to DePaul put an end to its hopes for a three-game win streak. The Panthers are now 4-5 overall, although that includes a 3-1 mark at home, where they will be in their next game as well against Montana. Wisconsin has an absolute stranglehold on this rivalry, with 30 wins in 31 previous meetings. The Badgers rolled to a 78-52 victory last season. Milwaukees one and only victory against the Badgers came during the 1992-93 season. There wasnt much offense to be found in Wisconsins matchup with Marquette. The Badgers and Golden Eagles combined for only 30 field goals, with Wisconsin shooting 32.7 percent from the field in the contest. They did grind out a 41-28 edge on the boards, which proved useful, led by a 15-point, 10-rebound effort from Frank Kaminsky. Kaminsky (16.4 ppg, 8.9 ppg, 2.2 apg, 2.2 bpg) is thee star of this squad and has been performing well to this point. Kevin Huber Jersey. He leads the team in scoring, rebounds and blocked shots, while proving to be a solid passer out of the post. Nigel Hayes (11.6 ppg, 7.7 rpg) provides a strong presence on the glass and the scoreboard as well, while Sam Dekker (10.7 ppg) and Traevon Jackson (10.1 ppg) stretch the floor a bit. However, John Gasser (6.7 pg) was the only other double-digit scorer against Marquette, netting 12 points, all of which came from beyond the arc (4-of-8). Milwaukee also struggled offensively in its last game. The only problem was that unlike the Badgers, the Panthers could not slow down their opponent. While they made a meager 37.5 percent of their shots from the floor, including 4-of-23 from beyond the arc, DePaul drilled 10 3-pointers and finished with a stellar .531 field goal percentage overall. Steve McWhorter and J.R. Lyle each had 13 points in the loss. The Panthers have generally managed less-than-impressive offensive showings. They are netting 66.2 points per game and shooting at a 42.7 percent clip from the floor. On defense, they are allowing 67.6 ppg on 41.7 percent accuracy. McWhorter (16.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.4 apg) is the leading scorer and much more for the squad, leading in assists and steals (1.7 spg) as well. He is the only player averaging in double figures, with Lyle (9 ppg) and Cody Wichmann (8.2 ppg) the next best options. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: barrasso
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1346 Themen und 1375 Beiträge.