TORONTO - By the time the Raptors make their selection in next months NBA draft, provided they stand pat at pick no. [url=http:/

in Allgemeines 08.02.2018 02:44
von jokergreen0220 • 435 Beiträge | 435 Punkte

TORONTO - By the time the Raptors make their selection in next months NBA draft, provided they stand pat at pick no. Jeff Carter Canada Jersey . 20, three Canadian players should already be off the board. Thornhills Andrew Wiggins, a lock to go in the top three, will be the first of that group to hear his name called followed by possible lottery picks in guards Nik Stauskas and Tyler Ennis, all hailing from the Greater Toronto Area. Fittingly, Ennis initial stop on the pre-draft circuit came in his hometown, headlining the Raptors first workout session Thursday morning. The Brampton-raised point guard, like Wiggins and Stauskas, has been on their radar for a while. "Weve tracked him [for] a long time," admitted general manager Masai Ujiri. "This is one of those deals where we could go to Syracuse as many times as [we wanted], being close to [Toronto], drive up, so I was fortunate enough to go to a couple practices [and] a couple games." What he saw was a young man at the age of 19 who plays the game and carries himself with poise beyond his years, a common denominator among most of the countrys emerging prospects. "He plays very calm and thats the first thing I noticed," Ujiri said of Ennis, set to enter the NBA following his freshman season at Syracuse. "[Hes] very professional and carries himself the right way." "You see his demeanour and I think hell make a good professional." Ujiri has long been enamoured by the prospect of adding a Canadian-born product but remains steadfast in his belief that it would have to be the right player, in the right situation. Understandably, the Raptors GM will not draft a player simply for his passport, rather that player must be able to contribute at the highest level, address a need on the roster and possess the maturity required to strive in a high-pressure scenario. Ennis is a player who would appear to fit the bill. "I dont think anybody enters the draft just wanting to make a team and be happy there," said Ennis, arguably the best pure point guard in this years class. "Personally, I want to make an impact. I thought I was ready for the next level when I decided to enter the draft and if I were to end up on Toronto, I would definitely want to make an impact, especially in my home town." But will he be available to the Raptors at 20? "Id be surprised," Ujiri admitted. Unless the Raptors were to trade up in the draft - a possibility, however unlikely, that Ujiri wont completely rule out - they will likely miss out on that highly touted trio, but given the influx and depth of domestic talent that continues to come out of the country its only a matter of time until they call a Canadian to the podium. "I think anybody thats lucky enough to play in Toronto," Ennis said, "with the fan support that was shown in the playoffs and the great organization that the Raptors have, I think anybody that gets drafted here is lucky. "To have a Canadian would be great for the city, I think everybody would get behind them and I think it would just be a great opportunity." Of course, the Raptors also own a pair of second-round picks - 37 and 59 - where they could snag one of four other eligible Canadians. 7-foot-2 Calgary-native Jordan Bachynski, last seasons NCAA blocked shot leader, was among the participants in Thursdays workouts at the Air Canada Centre, while Quebecs Khem Birch and Torontos Melvin Ejim and Dwight Powell could audition for the Raptors when sessions resume next week. "To have so many Canadians in the draft is big for the country and for the most part, most of them are from the Greater Toronto Area, so I think its great for basketball in Canada and its great for us individually," Ennis added. "All of us have had very good years at our respective universities and wherever we end up I know everybody thats in the draft thats Canadian is hard working and good people off the court, so I think well all be able to find success." Patrick Sharp Canada Jersey .Y. - Peyton Manning made his fifth MVP award a family affair. Alex Pietrangelo Jersey . This time, Tebow was in a groove the entire second half -- not just in the waning minutes -- and his teammates on defence were getting gobbled up. http://www.hockeyteamcanadajerseystore.com/duncan-keith-Canada-jersey/ . He, the 25-year-old Toronto backup net-minder and Manitoba native, would be making just his fourth start in the past 16 games against the Jets the following evening. It was the word of opportunity for Reimer, who has fallen into the role of backup, outmatched in recent weeks by Jonathan Bernier, his Quebec counterpart.WINDSOR, Ont. -- Meaghan Benfeito of Montreal and Roseline Filion of Laval, Que., earned their first gold medal on the FINA World Series diving circuit Friday in womens 10-metre tower. Benfeito and Filion, the Olympic bronze medallists and currently ranked second in the world, totalled 330.75 points. Sarah Barrow and Tonia Couch of Britain followed for silver at 311.10 and Emily Boyd and Lara Tarvit of Australia were third at 308.58. "Its really incredible to win an international gold medal at home," said Benfeito. "Its something we dont experience very often. Everything we worked on in practice showed in our performance today. Its very motivating for our big events coming up this summer. We know what we need to improve and we are going to focus on that." Xiaohui Huang and Jie Lian of China withdrew after their first dive due to an injury. "They are a team that generally scores in the 330 point area so we are pleased to be around that score as well," said Benfeito. "It shows we are closing in on the Chinese." Jennifer Abel of Laval and Pamela Ware of Beloeil, Que., meanwhile came within 0.15 points of a powerful Chinese pair in a thrilling three-metre synchro final for the silver. It went down tto the final dive. Roberto Luongo Jersey. Han Wang and He Zi of China took the gold at 326.40, Abel and Ware followed with a personal best 326.25 and Tania Cagnotto and Francesca Dallape of Italy were third at 308.10. "Every dive went very well and we feel great to get a points record," said Ware in her second-year diving with Abel, an Olympic medallist in 2012. "Weve never been this close to a top Chinese team before." Zi won the Olympic gold medal on three-metre synchro with Wu Minxia in 2012 and Wang was a double medallist at last years world championships. The Chinese led after the first three rounds but the Canadians pulled ahead in the fourth when they nailed their forward two and half, the most difficult on their list, for 8.5s and 9.0s to pull ahead and set up a dramatic finish. "I was glad to do that dive well when it counted," said Ware. "Its been very stable for Jen but I had been inconsistent in practice." Yue Lin and Yuan Cao of China won both the mens three-metre and 10-metre synchro events. No Canadians were entered. Competition continues through to Sunday at the Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre. It is the first time Canada hosts a World Series competition. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: barrasso
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1873 Themen und 1902 Beiträge.