MILWAUKEE - With a month until spring training, the Brewers are minus a workhorse starting pitcher and their All-Star closer. [u

in Rennveranstaltungen 14.06.2018 08:56
von jokergreen0220 • 435 Beiträge | 435 Punkte

MILWAUKEE - With a month until spring training, the Brewers are minus a workhorse starting pitcher and their All-Star closer. Rodrigo Moreno Jersey .Milwaukee seems committed to staying in-house and turning to young right-hander Jimmy Nelson to fill the spot in rotation that opened following the trade of Yovani Gallardo to the Texas Rangers.The bullpen, though, could still be a work in progress.Francisco Rodriguez, who had 44 saves in 49 opportunities in 2014 remains a free agent. For now, Jonathan Broxton would be the favourite to close if the Brewers dont make another move.We have an opportunity to add a reliever, general manager Doug Melvin said this week. Were having some conversations with a few people. Theres a chance of possibly adding a reliever.Maybe even Rodriguez.The right-hander known as K-Rod has spent all or parts of the last four seasons in Milwaukee. Last year, Rodriguez signed a one-year, $3.25 million deal with the Brewers about 10 days before spring training began.Rodriguez didnt take over the closer role last year until the season opener. He got the job at the last minute when presumed stopper Jim Henderson struggled out of spring training.Rodriguez ended up having his best year out of the bullpen since saving 47 games in 2006.You think at the end of the year somebody would jump on him but hes still out there, manager Ron Roenicke said at the Brewers On Deck fan event. I know hes had some conversations, like he does with everybody.The Brewers had also spoken to the Phillies about potentially trading for closer Jonathan Papelbon, who signed a four-year, $50 million contract with Philadelphia before the 2012 season. The contract also includes an option for 2016.The team is keeping tabs on Papelbon, Rodriguez and other potential relief options, though no moves were imminent.On the current roster, Broxton has the most closing experience. He had seven saves last year with Cincinnati before going 0 for 2 in save opportunities following a trade in August to Milwaukee.Broxton has 118 career saves in a career spanning 10 seasons. Left-hander Will Smith and right-hander Jeremy Jeffress are hard throwers who could also be in line for saves.I think if we need them to close some games, they can. Weve got some arms good enough that, I think, were OK late in the game, Roenicke said.They appear comfortable, at least, with the rotation, even with the trade of Gallardo. The durable veteran who owns the Brewers franchise record of 1,226 strikeouts was dealt to Texas for right-hander Corey Knebel, infielder Luis Sardinas and a minor leaguer.Kyle Lohse, Matt Garza, Wily Peralta and Mike Fiers take up Milwaukees first four rotation spots. Nelson, a right-hander who went 2-9 in 2014 and struggled down the stretch during his most extensive season in the big leagues, will be counted on take a jump as a consistent fifth starter.He struggled with command last year. His stuff is awesome. He has great stuff; a power slider, a sinking fastball and now all he needs to do is be able to locate the strike zone, catcher Jonathan Lucroy said. If he can execute and locate for strikes, hes going to be just fine. Thats all we need from him right now.Gallardo was eligible to become a free agent after the 2015 season, though Melvin has said there was a need to also give Nelson a bigger role than just as a long man out of the bullpen or spot starter.When asked about a reliable third pitch, Nelson pointed to a changeup to go with his fastball and slider.The problem was I got away from my game plan when I got to the big leagues. ... I got away from the things I was doing in Triple-A to be successful, Nelson said. I have to get back to that and stick with what is working.Brewers pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report to spring training in Arizona on Feb. 20. Diego Costa Spain Jersey . The Canadiens captain, who underwent surgery on his injured biceps in the off-season, had been skating with the team in a non-contact capacity since last week. Pepe Reina Jersey . Serves hit by her surgically repaired shoulder often missed the mark, resulting in 12 double-faults. http://www.soccerspainauthority.com/alvaro-odriozola-spain-jersey/ . - The Green Bay Packers got back to work on Friday without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers.MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens are expecting Alex Galchenyuk to step up his production this season and the gifted forward chose pre-season overtime to give a taste of what he can do.Galchenyuk stepped around Tyson Barrie just after a power play ended and whipped a shot past Reto Berra 3:28 into the extra period to give the Canadiens a 3-2 victory the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday night.Christian Thomas was cutting to the middle of the blue-line and I was calling for it he made a nice play to drop it to me, Galchenyuk said of the game-winner. I saw an opening in the middle. I think I walked in quite well and had an open shot. Lucky for me it went in.Max Pacioretty and P.K. Subban also scored for Montreal, which improved to 2-0 in the pre-season while outshooting a Colorado side with 11 NHL players dressed by 35-27.Barrie and Gabriel Landeskog replied for Colorado in a fast-paced, end-to-end game.The two teams meet again Friday night in Quebec City. Galchenyuk, the third overall pick in the 2012 draft, spent most of his first two NHL seasons playing left wing, but is being given a look at centre in camp. He got 16:09 of ice time and had three shots on goal.I tried to make some plays, the 20-year-old said. There were some turnovers, but thats part of the game. I still have to get better and adjust to it.Thomas was not slated to play, but got in a second straight game when winger Dale Weiss developed stiffness in his neck and sat out. Lucas Vazquez Jersey. He responded with another strong game, using his speed to create several chances.Coach Michel Therrien was impressed, even if the five-foot-nine son of former NHL sniper Steve Thomas remains a long shot to make the team.He competes, he makes things happen, said Therrien. You notice him on the ice.Its still early in camp, but we like what weve seen of him.Colorado opened the scoring at 12:59 of the first frame when Nathan MacKinnon won a battle behind the net with Alexei Emelin and fed Barrie in the slot for a quick, high shot over Carey Price.Pacioretty wristed in a high shot on a power play 8:07 into the second, but Landeskog tied when he finished a tic-tac-toe play from MacKinnon and Jesse Winchester at 10:18.Subban tied it again with a bullet from the point during a two-man advantage at 17:42.Price allowed two goals on 10 shots before giving way to Peter Budaj, who stopped all 17 shots he faced. Berra went the distance for Colorado and faced 35 shots.Montreal went 2 for 7 on the power play, although they failed to score on a two-man advantage in overtime.Were tryig to get better as the days go on, said Pacioretty. We hadnt worked on power plays at all before (Thursday) morning when we went over it a bit, so its nice to click.The Canadiens announced that prospect Michael McCarron will be out six weeks with a shoulder injury suffered Tuesday against Boston. China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys Online Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: barrasso
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1543 Themen und 1572 Beiträge.